Monday, October 29, 2012

Legend of Sleepy Hollow technique description

A story telling technique used in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow was indirect characterization. In the forth paragraph Irving explains the dominant spirt who lurks through Tarry Town, and he describes what kind of ghost he is. He doesn't explain him directly, but it is said that the apparition is a Hessian troop from the Revolutionary War, and roams around on a horse without a head. He lurks around on a quest to find his head, and rushes back to the grave yard before daybreak.

1 comment:

  1. I spent most of the day pretty sleepy. But I'm trying out biphasic sleep, he wants more time to work on his video game projects, and I wanted an excuse to establish a sleep routine. If I don't have something to do, I find the prospect of sleeping in tempting, and I function most effectively with a routine. So, I put together a graphic that adds some structure to my day. It will be easier again to maintain this kind of schedule when I'm working part-time later this summer.

    Sleepys Return Policy

    ReplyDelete